Bible Study Lesson – November 4, 2020 ~ 7:30 pm
Lesson 7: Give Thanks To The Lord (Psalm 92)
- How does the psalmist emphasize the value of giving thanks to God in verses 2-3?
- What type of great works do you think the psalmist had in mind in verses 4-5?
- What words does the psalmist use to describe those who don’t understand God’s works in verses 6-9? How does the psalmist contrast these people with the righteous in verses 12-14?
- For what purpose does the psalmist say the righteous flourish in verse 15. Compare to Matthew 5:3-12.
- How are the attributes of God described in verse 15 encourage thanksgiving?
Psalm 92 is a thanksgiving psalm. This type of psalm would have led a congregation of worshipers in giving thanks. As you review this psalm, ponder these questions:
- How do you give thanks to God?
- How often do you thank Him?
- Are you made glad by God’s works?
- How do you express gladness?
November 11, 2020 – The Blessed Person (Psalm 1)