Bible Study Lesson – August 5, 2020 ~ 7:30 pm
Lesson 18: Fear: Not Always A Bad Thing (Malachi 3:16)
- What does it mean to “fear” God?
- Why should be fear God?
- What does it mean to “esteem the Lord’s name?”
Lesson 19: Supreme Irony (Malachi 3:17-18)
- What is the meaning of the simile “I will spare them as a man spares his son who serves him” (3:17)?
- How will God’s people see “once more” (3:18)?
- What does God causing change imply about human circumstances and His involvement in them?
Today’s lesson continues the sixth “argument” between God and His people in regards to people who say things against God. Instead of sparing His Son from the agony of the Cross, He allowed His Son to take our place. The Lord of Hosts could have waged war against us, but He extended grace towards us even though we didn’t deserve it. Do you live to honor God’ grace and great sacrifice?
August 12, 2020 – Judgement And Humility & Righteousness Shall Rise & Christ’s Calling & Connecting The Dots (Malachi 4:1-6)