Bible Study Lesson – June 24, 2020 ~ 7:30 pm
Lesson 4: God Is Not A Cuddly Teddy Bear (Malachi 2:1-4)
- What is the “if” clause in the first half of Malachi 2:2? What will the Lord do if they don’t live up to His commands?
- What do we find out in the second half of Malachi 2:2 and in 2:3? What brutal phrase does God use to describe what He is doing to gain the attention of the priests?
- After God’s firm rebuke, He says that He will maintain His covenant with Levi, who symbolizes the priesthood (2:4). What does that show us about the Lord?
Lesson 5: God Ideal And New Deal (Malachi 2:5-9)
- What was God’s part of the covenant with the tribe of Levi, the priests (2:5)?
- In Malachi 2:5-7, God describes the ideal way the priests (the Levites) should have acted. What should a priest be doing (2:7)?
- What type of service do we offer to Christ, our great High Priest (Hebrews 2:17; 3:1)?
- Why was there a need for a priesthood, like the types that the author of Hebrews talks about (Malachi 2:8-9); Hebrews 13:7-16)?
Today we’ll conclude the second “argument” that God had with the priests. He focuses solely on the priests to address their failures. How do you feel when God corrects you? Do you take it graciously or do you puff up? Remember, God chastens whom He loves (Hebrews 12:6-11). God’s will is that no one should perish and He wants what’s best for us!
July 1, 2020 – Loyalty (Malachi 2:10-12) & God Fires Complainers (Malachi 2:13-16)