Bible Study Lesson – June 17, 2020 ~ 7:30 pm
Lesson 2: The Type Of Sacrifice God Desires (Malachi 1:6-9)
- To what two types of authorities does God compare Himself (1:6)? Do you treat God like the authority He is, or do you try to block His rightful reign in your life?
- God is addressing priests in this dialog? What is their response (1:6)? Do we question the Lord in similar ways?
- What type of polluted food have the priests offered (1:7-8)? Why does God call their actions evil?
- Who is the third authority figure the Lord compares Himself to?
Lesson 3: Accepting The Truth (Malachi 1:10-14)
- God could have abandoned His people and the world, but instead He makes a bold move after He tells off the priests. What does He prophesy (1:11)?
- How did priests profane God’s table (1:12)? What type of table does God have now, and how is it holy – the opposite of profane (Matthew 26:26-29; Luke 22:14-23)?
- The priests were also cheating God out of what was rightfully His (1:14). What do we cheat God out of (Acts 2:42-47)?
- What are the implications of God being our great King, the Lord of hosts (that is, Lord of many armies) (1:14)? Do we fear God today?
Today we’ll discuss the second “argument” that God had with His people. Have you ever questioned God’s decisions? Have you held back praise from God because of circumstances? No matter where we might find ourselves, we MUST remember that God is God in good and bad times. Can you praise God the same whether you’re on the mountain or in the valley? Let’s take time to evaluate how we treat/honor God. No matter what, He’s worthy to be praised!
June 24, 2020 – God Is Not A Cuddly Teddy Bear (Malachi 2:1-4) & God’s Ideal And New Deal (Malachi 2:5-9)