Theme for Praise Center Church Of God In Christ
for the year of 2020 A. D.
2019 was the year of The Shift, where God took the time to inact Praise Center in the right posture, position, and preparation for our next season. I’ve learned during these five years of ministry that God never takes us into a new season without preparing us. God:
- Postured us through prayer. We learned that consistent and fervent prayer yields results.
- Positioned us through service. Because of our willingness to meet the spiritual AND physical needs of our community, God gave us favor with man.
- Prepared us through His promises. We saw that God was not limited by numbers. Little DOES become much when we place it in His hands.
After five years of ministry, we continue to make a difference on so many levels: 1) The #WeSERVE Pantry and Food Distribution continues to grow and bless the community; 2) We are in good standing in our church and with the government; and 3) We are Empowering Believers and Changing Lives. 2019 was exciting and we accomplished much, but the best is yet to come! In 2020, our focus and theme will be to:
And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.
If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.
What does it mean to SOAR? To soar means: 1) to rise or increase dramatically and 2) to ascend to a higher or more exalted level.
Where can we rise or ascend higher:
- In our praise (Psalm 149:6)
- In our prayer (James 5:16)
- In our service (Colossians 3:23-24)
How can we rise or ascend higher:
- Increase of faith (Hebrews 11:6)
- Increase our trust (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- Take the limits off (Matthew 19:26)
There’s so much more that we can do and we have so much more to offer God, so I encourage you to join us as we SOAR in 2020. We WILL Empower Believers. We WILL Change Lives. We WILL Cultivate Families. We WILL be the place where Praise Evolves. We WILL SOAR!
Yours in Christ,
Elder Eugene C. McCown, Jr.
Pastor & Founder, Praise Center Church Of God In Christ
Pictures are worth a thousand words and we want to provide you with verse images to go with the Scriptures identified in our 2020 Theme above. Download them and send them to your friends to encourage them to SOAR in 2020!