Bible Study Lesson – August 12, 2020 ~ 7:30 pm
Lesson 20: Judgement and Humility (Malachi 4:1)
- The evildoers God is judging are not necessarily His people. Who are the evil doers (3:15)? In light of this, what is God really doing?
- What call or cry is He answering?
- Humility is indeed a virtue. What does this passage teach you about the balance between judgement and humility?
Lesson 21: Righteousness Shall Rise (Malachi 4:2-3)
- In Malachi 4:3, the two things the Lord required in 3:16 are combined into one calling: “Fear my name.” How can we live this calling?
- What does the simile “leaping like calves from the stall” mean and entail (4:2)?
Lesson 22-23: Christ’s Calling & Connecting The Dots (Malachi 4:4-6)
- No questions.
Chapter 4 concludes the sixth discussion between God and Israel. It also concludes Malachi’s message. After Malachi, God did not speak to Israel for 400 years. In spite of this disconnection, God would still keep His promise by sending a Savior into the world. Let’s thank God for His love and mercy.
August 19, 2020 – Malachi Recap