Bible Study Lesson – April 22, 2020 ~ 7:30 pm
Lesson 7: The Prophet Finally Prays (Jonah 2:1-6)
- The captain of the ship implored Jonah to call out to God in 1:6, but he never did. Why do you think he did not pray until he was in the belly of a fish?
- Jonah 2:2-9 resembles a psalm of thanksgiving. Why do you think Jonah prayed this way? What stands out to you about his prayer?
Lesson 8: A God of Grace (Jonah 2:7-10)
- In Jonah 2:7, the prophet states that he “remembered the Lord” as he was close to death. What do you suppose he remembered about God?
- Compare 2:7 with Jonah’s statement about God in 4:2. How does the prophet’s consideration of God’s grace and mercy differ when he is the recipient rather than the people of Nineveh?
- Read Psalm 77:11-15 and 143:5-6. Why is it important to remember what God has done in the past?
Psalm 96:1 declares “O sing unto the Lord a new song: sing unto the Lord, all the earth.” Have you ever written a psalm to the Lord? There are four types of psalms: praise, royal, thanksgiving, and lament. Write a psalm for your current situation? Remember, the end result of the psalm should bring glory and praise to God.
April 29, 2020 – Lesson 10: A Second Chance For Obedience (Jonah 3:1-3) and Lesson 11: Overwhelming Repentance (Jonah 3:4-5)
Online Meeting Instructions
Because of the government’s request for social distancing due to COVID-19, we will NOT have Bible Study on-site at Praise Center. Please join us online for our weekly Bible Study at https://join.freeconferencecall.com/praisecenterva.