Bible Study Lesson – February 12, 2020 ~ 7:30 pm
Lesson 5: A Bold Desire (James 4:13-15)
- What’s wrong with the type of people that James describes in 4:13 (see 4:14)? What can we be unaware of, and how can it hinder our plans (4:14)? How can our plans hinder God’s plans?
- What clause in 4:15 should all our life plans depend on?
Lesson 6: A Hidden Danger (James 4:16-17)
- How would you describe the type of arrogance James has in view (4:16)?
- How does ambition hinder doing good for others (compare 1:27)? How can the royal law be a guiding principle in these circumstances (2:8)?
- What are two ways that your confidence in your plans, or your lack of acknowledgement of God’s plans, are making you arrogant?
- What are approaches that would not just eliminate the perpetual sin problem, but provide an alternative?
Life is short. Tomorrow is not guaranteed. Take time to evaluate your priorities and make sure that they are aligned with God’s.
February 19, 2020 – Lesson 7: The Wealth Paradox (James 5:1-3) and Lesson 8: The Power Paradox (James 5:4-6)