Bible Study Lesson – October 30, 2019 ~ 7:30 pm
James, the brother of Jesus, writes a letter to believers that had been scattered by persecution providing them with a series of tests by which one may can use to determine if their faith is true or false. Join us on Facebook Live every Wednesday as we navigate the inspirational and challenging book of James.
Lesson 7: Being Who We Were Made To Be
- What are the three tings that we should do, according to 1:19? How are these instructions connected to James’ thoughts on wisdom (1:5-7)?
- How can we “put away all moral uncleanness and wicked excess” (1:21)? According to 1:10 and 1:14, what excesses does James have in view?
- What can “save our souls” (1:21)? Who embodies this idea (Read John 1:1-5)? Wh should we accept and seek?
- When we accept God’s desires for our lives, how should be begin to act (1:22)? What happens to us when we do not act this way (1:23-24)?
- What happens when we follow God’s will (1:25)?
Lesson 8: True Religion
- What happens when we aren’t careful about what we say (1:26)? What can our actions nullify? What can our actions do to us, as well as others?
- What right things does James suggest we do (1:27)? What is the result of that work?
How do you respond when the light of the Word is displayed in your life? James encourages us to respond positively to the Word, even when it corrects us. He also encourages us to do more than hear the Word, but act on the Word. Is the Word active in your life?
November 6, 2019 – Impartial Faith (James 2:1-4)