Bible Study Lesson – July 31, 2019 ~ 7:30 pm
Lesson 2: Never Left or Forsaken (Hebrews 13:4-6)
- Why do you think that marriage is emphasized next to verses about helping the hurting? What are we asked to do in our marriages?
- Why must we keep our lives free from the “love of money?” What can a “love of money” do to us? How does Hebrews 13:5 instruct us to break free from the hold finances have on our lives?
- What can we confidently say when we are content?
Lesson 3: Always Consider The Outcome (Hebrews 13:7-9)
- What is the “outcome” of a Christ-centered leader’s way of life? Why should we imitate our Christ-focused leaders?
- Does Jesus Christ change?
- If religious people are not getting closer to God, what does that tell you? How can you break the mold of religiosity in your life and seek Christ’s grace?
Lesson 4: As Jesus Suffered, So Shall We (Hebrews 13:10-14)
- To whom are we called to go, and who is our model for suffering when we are persecuted for our beliefs? Why should we do this? What lasting thing are we seeking?
Lesson 5: Modern Sacrifices (Hebrews 13:15-16)
- What are we asked to “through” Christ? Why should we do this?
- What type of sacrifice does God require?
- What should we never neglect?
Review Hebrews and highlight sections that speak to your situation or life and continue to seek God’s favor and mercy.
August 7, 2019 Bible Study Lesson
Lesson 6: Keeping Watch Over Souls (Hebrews 13:17)
Lesson 7: Pray Earnestly (Hebrews 13:18-19)