Bible Study Lesson – April 3, 2019 ~ 7:30 pm
Lesson 3: Christ’s Expense and Our Inheritance (Hebrews 9:15-17) and Lesson 4: A Contract That Requires A Death, But Creates Life (Hebrews 9:18-28)
- Who is the mediator of the new covenant (13-15)? Whose death is in picture in Hebrews 9:15-17 and what is its effect?
- If eternal life begins now, what is our future inheritance? Must we work for it or toward it? When does the covenant take effect (16-17)?
- Why did Christ die and how did his death change your standing with God?
- How was the first covenant inaugurated and how were the things used for worship purified (18-22)? What book is sprinkled by Moses (19b)? What does the shedding of blood accomplish (22b)?
- What are the “copies of heavenly things” mentioned in 23a? What are the heavenly things and the better sacrifice (23b)?
- Why isn’t Christ offered repeatedly, like the animals previously (25-26a)? What did He do instead and what is the effect of His action (26b)?
Is your faith in action? It’s easy to say that you have faith, but faith without works is dead. Review your life and your actions, then implement ways to put it into action.
April 10, 2019 Bible Study Lesson
Lesson 5/6: This Covenant Will Last and TKO: God Wins (Hebrews 10:1-18)