Bible Study Lesson – March 6, 2019 ~ 7:30 pm
Lesson 6/7: The Point of Hebrews & A New Contract (Hebrews 8:1-13)
- Few places in the Bible declares “Now here is the point.” What is the author of Hebrews conveying here (8:1-2)?
- What was every high priest appointed to do (8:3)? What do the priests on earth offer, and whom do they serve (8:4-5a)? Why was Moses asked to make things for the sanctuary as he was “instructed … on the mountain” (8:5b)?
- What covenant did Moses represent (8:6a)? What covenant does Jesus’ ministry embody (8:6b)?
- What is the difference between “the new covenant” and the “the old covenant?” Compare Jeremiah 31:31-34 with Deuteronomy 6:4-6.
- How is the old covenant obsolete (8:13)? Has the old covenant been completely set aside, or has the arrival of Jesus just seriously reworked it?
What covenants has God made with you? How you lost track or forgotten them? Take time to write down God’s promises as a reminder of what He’s down and what He’s promised to do.
March 13, 2019 Bible Study Lesson
Lesson 2: Restricted Areas And Open Access (Hebrews 9:1-14)