Bible Study Lesson – February 6, 2019 ~ 7:30 pm
Lesson 5: Milk, Not Solid Food (Hebrews 5:11-14)
Lesson 6: Doctrine 101 (Hebrews 6:1-3)
- Hebrews 5:11-14 is the application of 4:14-5:10 for the community being addressed. Why is it difficult for the author to explain things to the Christians being addressed?
- Where does the author expect his audience to be in their spiritual journey by now (5:12)? Where are they instead? What kind of food do these Christians need? What kind of food should they be eating (5:12)? What attributes describe those living on milk (5:13)?
- What do mature Christians, who eat solid spiritual food, possess (5:14)? Do these things come easily? What is the ultimate result of living on solid food?
- How much of God’s community today also become “dull of hearing?” Could the things said in 5:11-14 be said of many Christians today? Should it be said?
- What does the speaker wish for Christians to do 6:1)? What are the five things the author lists as elementary doctrines in 6:1-2?
The author warned us today about becoming “dull of hearing.” How can you prevent yourself from falling into this state? Continue to read through Psalm 119. Begin to memorize verses that encourage you.
February 13, 2019 Bible Study Lesson
Lesson 7: Fall Away or Fall Into God (Hebrews 6:4-18)
Lesson 8: An Anchor For The Soul (Hebrews 6:19-20)